Suzanne van Rooyen has tagged me in a blog hop, and I'm more than happy to participate!
Here are the rules:
- Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
- Post the rules for this hop
- Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
- Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
1. What is the working title of your book?
Blood, She Read
2. What genre does the book fall under?
YA paranormal/UF but it has mystery and romance too.
3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?
This question is easy for me! I do character worksheets before I begin all my books and this includes lots of pictures, mostly of actors. For my main character, Petra, I would cast Emma Stone. For Finnigan, my hero, I would cast Ben Barnes. Kellan Lutz (with a super awesome mohawk) would play Finnigan's intimidating brother, Tommy.
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A psychic witch gets dragged into a murder investigation only to fall for the main suspect.
5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Blood, She Read is being published by Etopia Press. It was an unagented submission.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About six months, although the majority of this time was spent on the first 20,000 words. The rest just kind of fell out of my head in a matter of weeks.
7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I really don't know. My book is a little different. I think it has elements in it that would appeal to people who enjoyed Twilight by Stephenie Meyer or Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, but it is also a bit quirky with some dry humour.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
It all started with a scene about a girl who had a gift and people who came knocking on her door asking for her help. It has changed a lot since then, but this was the scene I kept seeing in my head before I began writing it.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Hmm... There are lots of supernaturals in this book and some of them might come as a complete surprise. Perhaps when you least expect it. :)
There you have it! Questions asked and answered. Five people I'd like to tag in this blog hop are:
1. Brinda Berrry
2. Shawna Romkey
3. Anne Rose
4. Amy M. Newman
5. Theresa McClinton